The newest tourist attraction in Stanthorpe is the Truffle Discovery Centre. The rare and highly valuable French Black Perigord Truffle is often heard of in culinary circles but in commercial farming areas suddenly becomes very secretive due to security and bio-security reasons.
The Truffle Discovery Centre unearths all that is truffles with guided tours, information, products and tastings, gourmet product range, interactive exhibits and Australias only all-year-round truffle dog hunt.
The Truffle Discovery Centre $5 entry per adult includes:
- Guided tour (every 30 minutes) of our newly planted Truffiere, Discovery Centre exhibits, truffle detection dog training ground and tasting of truffle products.
- Interactive truffle gallery – see, smell, taste truffle products
- Gourmet food tastings including honey fusions, jams and sauces.
- Truffle tank exhibit- ‘Race the detection dog’ can you find the truffle before the countdown timer goes off.
- Kids entry free, $5 adult entry can be redeemed as a credit towards a purchase of our branded truffle products.
The Truffle Discovery Centre is open on Wednesday and Saturday from 10.30am to 3.30pm with tours every 30 minutes, and also on other days and times when the Lawdogs Australia ‘Dog Show With Bite’ is operating to the public which includes long weekends and school holiday variations – see their website for current details.
We recommend up to 30 minutes for a visit including tour, interactive centre, truffle hunt and tastings.
Located at 335 Church Rd, The Summit, Qld 4377
(ignore GPS and follow signage)
M – 0467 255 337
ABN – 15 149 401 098
ACN – 149 401 098